Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Website Name!

I was trying to come up with something clever, and I *think* I managed it!

I want to lose 75 lbs. At 3,500 calories in a pound, that's equal to a 262,500 calories deficit (between burning calories, and reduced calorie intake). Now, "3 Musketeers" is my favorite candy bar, and somehow I realized that 262,500 calories is equal to about 1000 "3 Musketeers" bars!

Maybe during my weight-loss journey, I can save $7 for every pound lost (that's 13.5 candy bars- 3,500 calories- at 50¢ apiece) and if I reach my goal weight, I can go on a $525 clothes shopping spree. I have a LOT of clothes that fit me when I was 135 lbs, but at 125 lbs (I was still flabby at 135), they'll be baggy on me.

I found this web background... junk food in honor of candy bars. Maybe each of these cupcakes has 260 calories.

262,500 is also equivalent to running 100 marathons (26.2 miles each, 100 calories burned per mile for a 130-lb person)... but I can't have the title as "100 marathons" because people would think I was going to run them! HAH! Thanks but no thanks, I'll just stick with my Power 90 and Leslie Sansone workouts.