Saturday, September 13, 2008

300-calorie meals

My current diet "plan" is that I am eating 5 meals a day of 300 calories each (1,500 calories). I am trying to put an emphasis on whole grains/high fiber, a total of 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day (sometimes accomplished by adding a can of low-sodium V8) and a decent amount of protein. I am going to start working on a list of the 300-calorie meals I eat most often.

Today I had:

1 can Slim-Fast Optima (170 calories)
2 slices Nature's Own Double Fiber bread (100 calories)
1 tablespoon apple butter (30 calories)
Total: 300 calories

1 serving Italian Bean Soup (130 calories, 7.4 g fiber)
3 oz. baby carrots (35 cal)
1 slice bread (50 calories)
1 8-oz. glass skim milk (80 calories)
Total: 295 calories

1 apple (100 calories)
1 tbs peanut butter (90 calories)
1 serving 100-calorie-pack popcorn
Total: 290 calories

1 WW English Muffin (110 calories)
1 poached egg (70 calories)
1 slice low-fat cheese (50 calories)
1 can low-sodium V8 juice (70 calories)
Total: 320 calories

3 oz. skinless chicken breast, cooked (140 cal)
1 cup steamed broccoli (50 cal)
1/2 cup green beans (20 calories)
1 fat-free chocolate pudding cup (90 calories)
Total: 300 calories