Saturday, August 16, 2008

Starting new program on Sept 1st!!

Okay, right now I'm trying to plan exactly what fitness program I want to start with.

I have a goal to complete one round of P90X by next summer (let's set July 4th as a goal). That's 10.5 months away.

I can start with Power 90, but it's a very boring program. You pretty much have 4 DVD's... 2 cardio and 2 sculpting. You use the Level 1/2 tapes (1 cardio and 1 scultping) for a month or so, alternating them each day, until you feel you are ready to move to the Level 3/4 DVD's... which are exactly like the Level 1/2 DVD's, but longer and a little bit more intense. So really, you're practically doing the same 2 workouts on alternating days for 3 months! I could start with Slim in 6, but it has a similar problem... you do the 1st workout every day for a week, then workout 2 every day for 2 weeks, and then workout 3 every day for 3 weeks. And the music is awful. P90 Masters and Slim Series, which are follow-ups of these programs, are very good... but are beyond my fitness level right now.

I also have the option of using Leslie Sansone workouts for cardio, and using something like Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred or Tracy Effinger's Squeeze for stength/sculpting, at least for the first month of working out. Links are in the sidebar.