I'm having fun looking at sizes. You often hear people say, "Wow, I'm a smaller size now than I was in high school, but I weigh more!" (Probably said by people who never touched a tape measure).
It's called VANITY SIZING. Back in 1997, I wore a size 14 and weighed 175 lbs. Last year, I wore a size 14 and weighed 185 lbs. I wasn't any more muscular last year than in 1997. It's just that sizes have changed. Back in 1991 I weighed 135 lbs and could wear my stepmom's size 10 pants. Now, I fit into a size 10 at 160 lbs.
Back in 2001, I had measurements of 34-36-36 (weighed 133 lbs) and I was a size 6... similar to this size chart. But looking at the Old Navy size charts, I'd be a size 4 with the same measurements (I bought clothes from them back in 2001 and was definitely a size 6 then). The Chadwick's chart says I'm an 18/20, but Old Navy size charts call me a 16. Hmm!
I don't have to lose weight to get down to a size 4/6... all I have to do is wait long enough, and vanity sizing will catch up with me.
